Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Women in Animation | Walt Disney Family Museum

This past weekend, March 15th, I attended the "Women In Animation"Panel Discussion at the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco!!!



I was delighted to hear from and meet four talented amazing women artists & writers in animation:  



I have always been a huge fan of both Lorelay and Claire!  And also enjoyed getting to know more about Jenny and Brenda.  I especially treasured meeting Claire Keane, daughter to Glen Keane, both of whom I am HUGE huge fans of.  Be sure to follow Claire on her Blog and Website!  

The event was spectacular!  I was so inspired at the event and gleaned so much wonderful knowledge from the four women artists speaking.  I was pretty much star struck at the event and for days after.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

I brought a few books to be signed.  Everyone signed The Art of Tangled, which I brought since I knew Claire would be there and I LOVE, love, love her pre-pro art for that film!   





I also had Lorelay sign two of her Golden Books, The Princess and the Frog & Wreck-It Ralph.  


. . . . . . . . . . . .

The event was so popular it was moved to a larger venue at Lucas Arts, specifically at the Letterman Digital Arts Center - we were greeted with a fountain toped with Yoda, and inside stood the original Darth Vader & Boba Fett Suits, not to mention Lightsabers!!!  We were so lucky!





. . . . . . . . . . . .



Also very exciting, I was able to see many original works by famous Disney artist, Mary Blair!  Shown in a special exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum.  She has been an inspiration to me since I was very little, and it was wonderful to see some of her personal work as well as pre-production work form the Disney Features.  I highly recommend checking out the exhibit while it is still showing.






2 comments:

  1. I can see why you like that art work so much, Mary. It's so human, in a light-hearted way!
    Congratulations on your soon-to-be-born baby!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Looking forward to your comments!